Old Wells

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Inheritance.

This week the family of Princess Margaret has been selling off her possessions in order to make the most of their inheritance.
Our inheritance is far greater, is not taxable and is waiting to be claimed.

Here is what Andrew Murray has to say about it:

"It is indeed a solemn, precious thought God's Holy Spirit can make all God's promises and provisions in Christ our experience. Who is ready to come into this life and claim their inheritance as children of God?

Let me suggest four steps

1. Say, I must be filled with the Spirit. God commands it, my soul needs it. The Spirit longs for it, Christ will do it, the world needs and I cannot live aright without it.

2. Say, I may be filled with the Spirit. God does not say you must live holy without saying you may. God has promised it, Christ has purchased it, the word reveals it, thousands have experienced it.

3. Say, I would be filled with the Spirit. Say my heart longs for it. Begin to say, I give up everything, O God; self, sin. self-will, self confidence. the flesh; I give up everything.

4. Say I shall be filled with the Spirit. God has promised it to me and I am going to trust God for it. I give myself up fully and I claim the filling of the Holy Spirit."

Enjoying a full salvation

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home