Old Wells

Monday, May 22, 2006

Officership

I have been sorting through old Officer magazines lately and this little snippet jumped out at me today from an article entitled "Ten things I learned about officership" by Allen Satterlee (USA SOuthern Territory)

4. The Salvation Army has made only one promise to me

When cadets are commissioned you will not hear it said, "You will be a territorial commander....divisinal youth secretary....training college officer." The only promise the Army makes an officer is that he or she will have the opportunity to serve. Despite having some ideas of what I should or should not do, I have to remind myself that no promises were ever made except that I would be allowed to serve. The Army has kept its promise.

24 years since commissioning I too remain humbled by the privilege and thankful for the oppporutnity I have been given to serve.

God bless

Carol

1 Comments:

  • Amen Carol...I have met too many officers who think the Army owes them something.

    The Army has given me everything I've needed to serve the Lord.

    By Blogger Captain Andrew Clark, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home