Old Wells

Monday, June 05, 2006

Nothing to say?

I've just realised that it is a week since I did a blog. What's happened? Have I got nothing to say?

Well it did feel a bit like that as I've actually been chewing over some stuff about mission which I needed to get my head around, whilst I have been painting our kitchen a shade called "holiday!" The results of the musings will probably find their way onto the page eventually but

But apart from that there are just times when people don't need our unsolicited opinions but someone to listen to them and make a Spirit-led response. I liked that thought from Booth- Tucker which Matt Clifton quotes on Future Fire, "Find out what their thoughts are before you share yours."

It's been a week of dealing with people suffering bereavement so it has been very appropriate to do that. Alan travelled to a family funeral, we offered support to a close neighbour whose mother was tragically killed by a train, a corps member's wife died after a long illness and it has been an honour to minister to him and to his family. One of the prison lads heard the news that his girlfriend had miscarried their child.

On the other hand there have been so many times, when I've been somewhere and been prompted

Hello my name is Hayley (Carol's daughter) Hope you like the latest blog, my mum said to put that she's done a really good job on the kitchen, but I helped! Back to Mum...

Before I was so rudely interuppted with a hug and the above......There have been times when I have been prompted to say something to someone and I've plucked up the courage to speak, thinking I'm going to look a complete idiot only to find that what I thought sounded like nonsense fitted exactly into their situation. It's all about been sensitive to the Spirit I suppose and speaking when you have something to say.

God bless

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home