Old Wells

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Being holy on a Wednesday.

It's not easy being holy on a Wednesday,

-when you start your day with a visit to the dentist.
-when you are in the limbo of being under marching orders but have another four months to go
-when the ironing is breeding in the basket
-when some of the lads in the prison group were a pain today
-when you disagree with someone about an issue
-when you are unsure of how the churches together lent group you are leading will go

In the flesh today I really couldn't be bothered but I knew in my bones that to not be bothered today was to be disobedient to the Lord. So several times today I've said to the Lord, "OK, with you I choose to be bothered. Help me push through.

And it worked. He did help and I got the victory.

Yippeee!

Carol

2 Comments:

  • I know just how you feel - it gets worse when you retire!!:-) ..... Good to read your blog ..... I find it encourages me .... Hope you are all well ..... Wellspring is being sent today
    God Bless
    Pete

    By Blogger petros, at 12:35 AM  

  • Carol you must stop that ironing from breeding - if you don't make it a priority you'll end up with an infestation and that can take years to clear!

    By Blogger Andrew Bale, at 2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home