Old Wells

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Agent Bond

We've just returned from the Yorkshire Divisional Officers Retreat. It will be our last in this division, in which we have served for the past 23 years and it was probably the best.

We have been blessed to have been part of a division that takes risks and has led the way in the UKT in planting new corps and innovative mission but Commissioner Linda Bond was God's agent in these last few days to, as someone said, make sure we have been "shaken and stirred" to press on to greater things.

In the last 3 days I've almost got tired of saying amen I had to say it so often! What I longed for someone to say about covenant, she said, what I longed for someone to say about holiness, she said, what I hoped someone would say about loving the Army and revival in the Army she said. What I longed for her to say about passion for the lost she said. She touched the heart of what it means to be an officer and what it means to be an officer in these days.

And then the Holy Spirit fell upon us and we rushed to the mercy seat, wept, prayed, pledged our lives into his service and stormed the forts of darkness with our exhuberant praise!

And was it all just stirring stuff? I don't believe so. I believe the Salvation Army, Yorkshire, the UKT and maybe the world will see the fruit of what the Holy Spirit did in us in these days.

God bless

Carol

2 Comments:

  • Carol - I know we spoke about this on the phone but I have only just got round to reading it. This is the most encouraging thing I've read for ages. Did Agent Bond leave you 'shaken or stirred' or both!

    God bless you both and the Army - Hallellujah!

    By Blogger Andrew Bale, at 2:57 AM  

  • Definitely both

    God bless

    Carol

    By Blogger Rehoboth, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home