Old Wells

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Joy and sorrow

Joy
Two weeks ago I put a guitar into the hands of a young prisoner and taught him three chords. He has a natural talent for music but had never tried the guitar. Today with a beaming face he told me how excited he is about playing. A whole new world has opened up for him.

Today he also sat in the chapel group and the word of God was put into his hands. I don't think he had tried it before. I pray that a whole new world will open up for him.

Sorrow
A prison visitor and I sat with a confused and devestated young man reeling from information received in a letter that came this morning. He had enough problems and challenges already without this. I wanted to hug him but its not allowed. I pray he will know that he is not alone, he will find comfort and a way through.

For the joys and for the sorrows
The best and worst of times
For the this moment, for tomorrow
And all that lies behind
Fears that crowd around us
For the failure of my plans
For the dreams of all I hope to be
The truth of what I am

For this I have Jesus
For this I have Jesus


(Graham Kendrick 1994)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home