Old Wells

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Preaching Christ

I am reading David Wilkerson's book Hungry for more of Jesus. I read this in it before I settled down to prepare my sermon for Sunday.

"Nothing will get us in the flow of the revelation knowledge of Jesus Christ until we put up our notes, stop studying other preachers and study Christ alone in the secret closet of prayer."

"Away with all success preaching, motivational preaching, self image preaching, political preaching. They are but dregs peddled by those without a fresh revelation of Christ."

O Lord, break the bread of life to me.

God bless

Carol

1 Comments:

  • Carol - I consider you to be a woman of unerring tast - therefore I have today bough two Dallas Willard Books and ordered a new copy of David Wilkerson's book " Hungry for more of Jesus. It will make a change to read something written in modern English!

    By Blogger Andrew Bale, at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home