Old Wells

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Saints

There are times when the saints drive you loopy but other times when you are just so encouraged and stirred up by their example. So thanks Lord for all the saints I met this week who helped and encouraged me by living for Jesus.

Monday:
Went to listen to the Archbishop of York in All Saints Church Northallerton. It was packed out. He preached the gospel, and to every difficult question he was asked he just kept bringing everything back to Jesus and having Jesus in you. This guy is having real impact.

Tuesday:
North Yorks team meeting. All of us face huge challenges in mission but able to pray with passion, authority and honesty for one another. Also a meeting at DHQ where we were given time, were listened to and received with graciousness. I'm putting that on record because people are often so quick to criticise but not so quick to acknowledge when they are trying to discern what God wants.

Wednesday:
Cell group at our house. Just so good to see this group expressing by word and action the values upon which Northallerton Outreach is built
Always evangelising
Becoming disciples
Creating true community
Demonstrating Christ's love
Engaging in ministry
Focussing on Jesus

Thursday
I don't say it often enough but it's really great being in ministry with my husband. God forbid that the army should ever lose this precious model of shared ministry.

Friday
It's Friday so it's my friend Becky and I in prison. Subject for the group today, "What do I believe?" At the end one of the lads it very genuinely had had his faith in Jesus re-ignited! Hallelujah! Then our usual good humoured debate with the Imam about the state of the world and the madness of political correctness, followed by Tesco's. In Tesco's cafe, Becky and I get stuck into bacon sandwiches, and deep theology. Becky is God's gift to me and a true Christian friend. We're both excited that next month we're travelling to Ethiopia together, to support chaplaincy work in prisons over there. I'm praying my visa comes OK.

Saturday
Geraldine Latte leading an evening of worship at the Baptist church. Inspired. Our God is an awesome God.

Sunday
Preached on Ph 1:12-26. I want to be like Paul, who even in chains was able to encourage others to speak the word of God.

"Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly." v 14

God bless

Carol

1 Comments:

  • What a great week Carol - you and Alan are an inspiration, close to our hearts and always in our prayers.

    God bless you both :-)

    A

    By Blogger Andrew Bale, at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home