Old Wells

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Name above all names

This week has been manic so I must admit that I haven't had time for an in depth study of Leviticus. However I am also acutely aware of the danger of ignoring the one in whose name all of this activity is done and every year I look for the things that God wants me like Mary to ponder on and treasure. And this year I picked up Finney's book on sanctification and found a book full of the names of Jesus. So if I can remember to post them I will put a different name on up to Christmas Day until 12th night.

December 20th
Substitute
"It is one thing for the soul to regard the death of Christ merely as the death of a martyr and an infinitely different thing as every one knows who has had the expeirence to apprehend his death as a real veritable and vicarious sacrifice for our sins, as being a substitute for our death. The soul needs to apprehend Christ as suffering on the cross for it so that it can say, "That sacrifice is for me, that suffering and that death are for my sins, that blessed Lamb is slain for my sins. If a full apprehension and appropriation of Christ cannot kill sin in us, what can?" (Finney)

God bless

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home