Old Wells

Monday, May 01, 2006

Roots

Back home from Roots, feeling quite exhausted but blessed in the following ways:-

Worship
"I love to be in his presence, with his people, singing praises."
It's great to experience worshipping God in our small corps. We often experience his presence powerfully and he draws near. But there is something so uplifting about worshipping the great God of the universe with a 1000 or more people united in praise.

Preaching
Various preachers and speakers left me encouraged, challenged, empowered, puzzled, amused, exasperated, and changed. I'm not telling you who did what except to say that it was Danielle Strickland's message that most engaged by mind and heart.

Fellowship with:-
our family, friends from all over the UK,(we know so many people), those who came with us, mates from the God's Messengers Session, Roman Catholic sisters at our accommodation and fellow bloggers whom I haven't met before. In the words of Geraldine Latte, "Say family."

Prayer
I spoke to God and God spoke to me in the prayer tent. How great is it to be prayed with and how great is it to pray for others? How exciting is it to be used by the Holy Spirit to deliver an instant answer to prayer, by my prayer for someone without even realising it.? I'll tell you it's amazingly great!

I did knee drill every morning in the icon filled prayer room at the St Joseph's Convent. It is a special place because it is soaked in prayer and praise.

Answers to prayer
I prayed that our youngest daughter who was nervous about going to the Parklife Youth programme on her own would nevertheless be inpsired and empowered by it. She was. Thank you Lord!

Special moments
Seeing one of our converts from a previous appointment liberated in praise and worship.

Watching the baby ducks in the garden and seeing a red squirrel

My eldest daughter Katie and I having one of our "deep" spiritual natters while she did my hair.

And of course Andrew Bale grabbing the flag and marching it around the Big Top!

Prayer needs
Healing of burst ear drums having stood next to Andrew shouting hallelujah very very loudly!! Alright I'm joking about the need for healing but not about the loudness of the shouting.

I hope other bloggers who went were also blessed and of course those who didn't go to Southport too. Thank God he doesn't just turn up at big events but in quieter places too.

God bless

Carol

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home