Old Wells

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Army on parade but not on the battlefield

Andrew B has blogged a timely prophecy on beyondthebrook, based on Isaiah 1. It resonated with me given two recent experiences.

I went on an officers discussion page, where someone had asked for advice about dealing with the demonic. The answers he got in the main were leave this alone and ask a priest to come in and deal with it. Now I wouldn' want anyone wading into to something ill-equipped and without adequate prayer cover and with a blase attitude but what kind of army are we if we have to ask others to fight the battles that God raised us up to fight? What right have we to call ourselves a Salvation Army, sing about tearing down the devils kingdom if we run at the first hint of a tiny demon! We are an army on parade but absent from the battlefield.

The second thing was watching a vintage clip of a SA open air meeting and the 1904 Congress on www.sermonindex.net It made me cry and my heart ache for that pioneer spirit to be restored.

On my knees

Carol

2 Comments:

  • I hear you sister...Amen!

    By Blogger Captain Andrew Clark, at 2:28 PM  

  • I watched the clip and it made me cry too!

    The Army needs to sing the old Andre Crouch classic...

    "I feel that I'm so far from you Lord,
    But still I hear you calling me
    Those simple things that I once knew,
    The memories are drawing me.
    I must confess, Lord I've been blessed,
    But yet my soul's not satisfied.
    Renew my faith, restore my joy
    And dry my weaping eyes."

    By Blogger Andrew Bale, at 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home