Old Wells

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Promises and wise words

"As the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:1-11

I have been given this promise several times lately. It has been a strength to me and I am holding on to it.

I found these wise words in my Mum's old autograph book.

"The secret of the Victorious life is to say 'yes' to God - and to keep saying it"
George Carpenter, I.H.Q 18/5/1943

And from The Christians Complete Armour by William Gurnall

"Engage God by prayer to stand behind you. God has an offensive and defensive agreement but with you, but he waits to be called in. If you go into battle without him you have more valour than Moses, who would not stir without God even though he sent an angel as his lieutenant. (Ex 33)"

God bless

Carol

1 Comments:

  • Thanks Ian,

    Of course I remember. It was during your time at the corps that Mum began a significant step forward in her faith. You may know that she eventually became an adherent before going to glory in 1998.
    Now if you could just pray for Dad Young, Alan's sister Julie, her husband John and son Charlie that would be really good!

    Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.

    God bless

    Carol

    By Blogger Rehoboth, at 5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home