Old Wells

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Just another day

It's just another Thursday but God is as real today as he is on more exciting, more demanding, more high profile days. The need to seek his face, to walk in his ways, trust and obey just as great.

So thank you Lord that you were with me at the chaplaincy meeting, whilst I was at the Mums group at the school where we had almost had a competition for the worst "when I was in the Labour ward" story. Thank you that you were there at the Kid's Alive Club as we shared the story of the Good Samaritan, as the kids sang Blessed be the name of the Lord at the top of their voices and as 6 year old Melissa said I was not a greedy pig to have two biscuits because Alan and I were the ones who were helping them all have fun.

On this ordinary day I need to remember

"God's training is for now, not presently. His purpose is for this minute, not for something in the future. We have nothing to do with the afterwards of obedience; we get wrong when we think of the afterwards. What men call training an preparation, God calls the end. God's end is to enable me to see that he can walk on the chaos of my life just now. If we have a further end in view, we do not pay sufficient attention to the immediate present; but if we realize that obedience is the end, then each moment as it comes is precious."

Oswald Chambers:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home